National Technical Honor Society
Requirements for Membership
1) Attend the Career-Tech Center for one full semester prior to applying for membership.
2) Earn a B+ (87%) or higher for your CTC combined program and academic grade for the semester prior to joining. For MTA students the average of all of your MTA classes is computed.
3) Five or fewer absences for the semester prior to joining.
4) Be recommended by your CTC teacher and a member of your home high school staff.
5) No serious disciplinary referrals or suspensions from CTC or your home high school.
NOTE: Please check with student services if you want to verify your eligibility before you apply.
The next opportunity to join NTHS will be in September 2018. The application will be posted at that time.
How do I earn my NTHS honor cords?
1) You must be a senior
2) You must have a B+ (87%) (Real time grade for CTC,
Simple average for MTA) for all semesters at CTC.
3) You must have 5 or less absences for semester 2
4) You must have completed and logged a minimum of
10 community service hours
5) No significant disciplinary issues.
Honor cords are awarded at the Career-Tech Center Awards night on May 29th at the Grand Traverse Resort.
NTHS Scholarship Application
Available to all current members who are seniors to be used for tuition at a postsecondary institution. The application is available below.
6-7 PM Dessert Reception
7-8 pm Induction Ceremony
69 new members will be inducted into the National Technical Honor Society
9:45 - AM Session
12:45 - PM Session